What We Do
Our mission is to assist Ohio’s 12 Feeding America foodbanks in providing food and other resources to people in need and to pursue areas of common interest for the benefit of people in need.
Ohio Food Program and Agricultural Clearance Program (OFPACP)
We operate OFPACP through funding from the Ohio General Assembly and the Governor of Ohio. It is made up of two equally important emergency food programs:
- Ohio Food Program: This program provides shelf-stable and protein items to Ohio’s 12 Feeding America foodbanks as a supplement to the USDA federal commodity programs.
- Ohio Agricultural Clearance Program: Through our partnerships with more than 100 Ohio agricultural producers and growers, this program directs surplus vegetables, fruits, and other produce to Ohio’s 12 Feeding America foodbanks.
The Ohio Benefit Bank
The OBB is an innovative online service that we implement in partnership with the State of Ohio, four federal agencies, nine state agencies, and more than 1,100 faith-based and community organizations. Its purpose is to connect Ohio’s families with work support programs and tax credits.
We currently operate several national service initiatives, in partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service and the Ohio Commission on Service and Volunteerism. These hunger- and poverty-relief initiatives include:
- ShareCorps: AmeriCorps VISTA and AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate members
- HarvestCorps: AmeriCorps State members
- Poverty Simulations: a unique education and outreach tool about the dynamics of poverty
Child and Senior Nutrition
We advocate for cost-effective policies and programs that increase access to nutritious foods, especially among children and seniors.